2010. október 7., csütörtök

Tiësto Concert

Last Thursday we went to a Tiësto Concert at the Intercontinental Hotel and closer defined on the hotel's beach. We knew it was gonna be on the beach we kind of imagined the same wooden floors on the sand like last time we were at a party there... this time: only sand:-)! So I said a proper goodbye to my high heeled sandals at the very beginning and had to carry them around in my hand, but hey, at least people really could see I had a matching purse:-)...

The quality of the pictures are even worse than last time but with a phone in the dark, what can you expect?

We've been out with three other couples all of them used to rave parties (unlike us), even they are older than us, we actually don't especially know much about Tiësto, but when there is finally something happening in Doha you've got to go:-).

There was an Alcohol Island (that's actually what they've called it), where you could buy beer and a couple of other alcohol types, only canned Heineken beer though, which Peter isn't really keen on, but he could just take it or leave it:-)... I was driving, of course, so was very fine with water...
It was soooo hot outside, incredible, most of the people were soaked in sweat, how yammie... There were all sorts of people, I'm not sure Tiesto has played for many nationalities at one place before:-), it was funny to see those Qatari guys -who wear their white 'dresses' every day and make traffic to be horrible for the rest of us with their huge Landcruisers- dance around in shorts and T-shirts like any other people... I haven't seen any Qatari ladies though... but I have seen drunk people, young people... it was strange, you obviously don't see any normally...

There were so many stones, wires, cigarettes in the sand... you really had to watch where you stepped... and of course after the party I didn't want to put my sandals back on again, so I walked to the car on my bare feet, they were black!!! I'm so sorry that I haven't taken a picture of them:-), then you really could have seen how serious this party was:-)...
With my friend, Kim and her husband...
So this video is just a little taste of the concert, the sound is just as bad as the rest of the pictures but that's what we could do, sorry... Don't get scared, it's loud...


We did have a great time, were so tired the whole weekend after though, so we've decided not to do this every week:-), we are too old to this:-)... Fyi. we went to bed at 2 am and Soffi was up and fresh at 5:30 am... niceeeee....

2 megjegyzés:

  1. Na ez izgalmasnak hangzik - látod, csak történnek ám Dohában dolgok! Nekünk is hiányzik egy kis ugri-bugri, de ahogy írod, a techno 1. sosem volt mûfajom 2. kicsit begyepesedtünk azóta... de legalább volt magas sarkúd egy estére, Soffi nélkül!

    VálaszTörlés
  2. Hát az biztos, hogy meg kell ragadni minden kínálkozó alkalmat a történésekre:-).

    VálaszTörlés